general terms and conditions
Conditions for guided tours
- On cancellation of a guided tour less than 24 hours in advance, the museum will charge the full price of the tour.
- On cancellation of a booked guided tour within less than 3 days but more than 24 hours in advance, the museum will charge 50% of the price of the tour.
- No charge will be incurred if a guided tour is cancelled more than 3 days in advance.
- If the group fails to show up for the guided tour without advance notice, the museum will change the full price of the tour.
- If the arrival of the group at the museum is delayed for any reason whatsoever, the following rules apply: entitlement to the guided tour lapses half an hour after the agreed starting time; if the group arrives with 15 minutes after the agreed starting time; they are entitled to a tour of no more than 45 minutes.
- If the delay is reported to the Reservations Department (+31 (0)40 283 10 42), it may be possible, after consultation with the tour guide involved, to extend the tour for an additional fee.
- If a group arriving at the museum for a guided tour consists of more than 15 people, the tour guide will have to limit the group to 15; in other words, one or more persons may be excluded from the tour.
- Groups arriving for a guided tour are requested to arrive at the museum information desk 5 minutes before the start.
Conditions for museum space hire
- It is forbidden to bring food or drinks into the Auditorium or Studio. We suggest arranging short refreshment intervals in the Museum Café.
- A reservation for an event in the museum may be modified no later than 7 days before the specified date.
- If the programme overruns the planned time, the start of any guided tours intended to follow that programme may be postponed after consultation with the tour guides involved and for an additional fee.
- On cancellation of a booking for one of the museum spaces within less than 24 hours before the agreed time of the event, the museum will charge the hirer for the cost of lost rental income and service expenses.
- On cancellation 1 to 5 days before the start of an event in the museum, the museum will charge 50% of the cost of lost rental income and service expenses.
Conditions for Museum Café arrangements
- The terms and conditions of the Museum Café are stated in the quotation of the café.
- The Reservations Department may be reached on +31 (0)40 238 10 42 on week days.