friends of van abbemuseum
Friends of the Van Abbemuseum
At the initiative of a group of art lovers the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum was founded in 1994. The aim of this society is to make the museum more widely known and to actively involve the public in the museum. The society wants to bring contemporary art closer to the people and to lower the barrier of the Van Abbemuseum.
Involvement from all sides is important to give the art of the Van Abbemuseum the place it deserves. This is the goal of all Friends of the Van Abbemuseum.
Our activities are three-folded: The classic Friends programme (Salons, tours, excursions), the Young Art Crowd (for young members between the age of 19 and 29) and the expat-programme (offers activities in English).
Give, but definitely also receive
The bond between the Van Abbemuseum and the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum offers benefits for both parties. Members can enjoy the activities of the society and the museum can count on the support and interest of a loyal public. Members of the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum society enjoy many benefits.
As a Friend:
- you can enter the museum for free upon presentation of your member card.
- you can join one of the many lectures, tours and visits to other museums that the society organizes.
- you are informed about the activities of both the society and the Van Abbemuseum.
- you’ll receive invitations for all important openings, lectures and special events.
- you’ll receive the journal of the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum society, four times a year.
- you’ll receive a 10 percent discount on the museum’s own publications.
- you can enter the other museums which are part of L’Internationale for free: Moderna Galerija (MG, Ljubljana, Slovenia); Museo nacional centro de arte Reina Sofía (MNCARS, Madrid, Spain); Museu d’art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA, Barcelona, Spain); Museum of Contemporary Art Antwerp (M HKA, Antwerp, Belgium) en SALT (Istanbul and Ankara, Turkey).
Donors are also real friends
Private individuals or companies that want to support the society can become donors. The minimum amount of donation consists of € 250,- a year. Donors can of course count on the same benefits and privileges as members of the society. Also, donors will receive a special gift every year. For more information on this subject, you can contact the office of the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum.
Friends for now, friends for later
The society of the Friends of the Van Abbemuseum has got a diverse programme. Many ‘friends’ are supporting the society. Together, they have built a solid base for the growing interest for the Van Abbemuseum. The society is always looking for more ‘friends’ who also see the future in art.
The society not only stimulates her members to make a more intensive use of the opportunities the museum offers, but also serves as a mediator between the Van Abbemuseum and the Friends. In this way both parties can optimally benefit from the close connection.
Friends of the Van Abbemuseum
Postbus 6188, 5600 AZ Eindhoven
T: +31 (0)40 238 10 32
F: +31 (0)40 246 06 80
Opening hours Office
Mondays 9:30 to 15:00 hours (except school holidays).
On other days you can leave a message on our answering machine.