Yoga & healthy breakfast - during 80 years Van Abbe - open for 80 hours
Yoga & healthy breakfast during 80 years Van Abbe - open for 80 hours
During the anniversary weekend '80 years Van Abbe - open for 80 hours' you can start your day with a yoga lesson in the museum on Friday 15 and Sunday 17 April. Afterwards a delicious healthy breakfast will be served in Karel 1 museum café; low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds and berries. Costs for a yoga lession and breakfast are €8.
We organise yoga lessons at 9 and 10 am, each hour with a choice between 3 diferent forms:Vinyasa, Hatha Yin and Meditation / Singing bowls.
1. Vinyasa (in the education room)
A dynamic lesson in which Marijke Peters bings you in a moving flow. To the rythm of a deap breath, you will be guided from one pose to the other, in a logical sequence. In this lesson you search for inner peace through movement, balance and sometimes the necessary strength. It helps if you have some experience, but beginners are welcome as well.
- Yoga mats, props and blankets are available. Of course you can bring your own mat.
- Waer comfortable clothing so that you can move freely.
- We have 1 shower available, which you can use if you want.
Max. 14 participants.
Since march 2016 Marijke has her own yoga studio in Eindhoven: Yoga In Town. She teaches in an accessible way, the fun in yoga and exercise are key.
2. Hatha Yin (in the gallery between artworks)
Yin Yoga provides the tools to reach into the deepest layers of our body, working the bones and the deep tissues holding the skeleton and other structures together. Long holds of the posture (about 5 minutes) allow you to feel an intense stretch. Next to those quiet postures, there is also room for more movement (yang). The lesson is given by Hilde van der Heijden.
- Because Hatha Yin is a relatively calm form of yoga, make sure you have some warm things with you (socks, a sweater).
- Yoga mats, cushions, props and blankets are available. Of course you can bring your own mat or meditation cushion.
Max. 7 participants.
Next to her job at the Van Abbemuseum Hilde teaches yoga at Yoga Utrecht and Yoga aan de Kade (Den Bosch). Since 2013 she followed several teacher trainings, a.o. an Ashtanga training at Pure Silence in Eindhoven, several Iyengar workshops by David Jacobs and a Yin course with José de Groot.
3. Meditation / Singing bowls (in the gallery between artworks)
Meditation with singing bowls AND Chagall and Kandinsky! Teacher Aukje van Gijsel brings you to maximum relaxation. Sit down on your meditation cushion surrounded by some classical artworks from our collection, and you will get away from your daily activities. The clear sounds of the bowls will only enhance this feeling.
- Meditation cushions are available.
- You will not move much, so make sure you wear something warm.
Max. 7 participants.
Yoga Studio Toermalijn is situated in Mierlo. Owner Aukje has not only indulged herself in yoga, but also in reiki, homeopathy and intuitiv massage. In her studio she not only organises regular yoga lessons, but also workshop about various subjects.