frequently asked questions
Below you’ll find the answers to frequently asked questions about a safe and pleasant visit. Is your question not included? Contact us on info[@]vanabbemuseum.nl.
1. Frequently Asked Questions: Tickets
2. Frequently Asked Questions: Guided tours and activities
3. Frequently Asked Questions: Currently on show
4. Frequently Asked Questions: Museum café and museum shop
5. Frequently Asked Questions: Accessibility
6. Frequently Asked Questions: Education
- Tickets are sold at the box office, but due to the limited visitor capacity of the museum, we recommend that you book an online ticket with a time slot in advance. This way you’ll ensure that you can enter the museum at the desired time. That way, we can also provide you with (practical) information in advance. Click here for prices and tickets.
- Do you have a ticket but are you unable to come? Send us an email on info[@]vanabbemuseum.nl.
- On Tuesdays from 3 pm to 5 pm, museum access is free of charge. Due to the limited visitor capacity in the museum, we recommend that you book an online ticket with a time slot in advance.
GUIDED TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
- Group tours and activities will not take place for the time being. However, there is a Cicerone available, who will guide the visitors along the artworks using interesting back stories (daily from noon to 4 pm).
- Group activities like the Children’s Art Club are not taking place at the moment.
- Bring a smartphone and earphones: in the exhibition The Making of Modern Art you can listen to audio fragments using QR codes.
- Would you like to book a group tour or activity? Please contact the reservations department via reservations[@]vanabbemuseum.nl.
CURRENTLY ON SHOW
- You can find a complete overview of the program here.
- Karel 1 museum café is open, even without a ticket (in that case you can only use the entrance at Stratumsedijk 2).
- At the moment, the museum shop can only be visited using a valid museum ticket. You are able to order publications, gifts and design items 24/7 through our webshop.
- The museum is accessible for wheelchair users, blind and partially sighted people, deaf and hard of hearing people and people with a service dog, provided that it is on a leash.
- Guides of people with disabilities get free access to the museum, but we also advise them to book an online ticket with a time slot in advance. Make sure to choose a ticket for cardholders in the online ticketshop.
- The museum can also be explored using the Museum Robot: move through the Van Abbemuseum in real time using a remote-controlled robot. Thanks to this robot, anyone who is house bound or has a physical disability can visit the museum: individually or with a personal tour. Make sure to reserve the robot well in advance so that you are assured of a time slot (Tuesday to Friday). Made possible by the BankGiro Loterij.
- Would you like to book a museum lesson, guided tour or workshop for the new school year (2020/2021)? Send an email to educatie[@]vanabbemuseum.nl (primary education) or fill in this reservation form (for secondary education only).
- On an individual level, students are able to visit the museum by purchasing an online ticket. During the visit, they can ask for a login code at the checkout for a digital viewing guide.