frequently asked questions
Below you’ll find the answers to frequently asked questions about a safe and pleasant visit. An overview of the current precautionary measures can be found here. Is your question not included? Contact us on info[@]vanabbemuseum.nl.
1. Frequently Asked Questions: Tickets
2. Frequently Asked Questions: Guided tours and activities
3. Frequently Asked Questions: Museum café and museum shop
4. Frequently Asked Questions: Accessibility
5. Frequently Asked Questions: Education
- To prevent the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19, special measures are in force in the Netherlands. In line with these measures, the Van Abbemuseum is closed to the public. Our priority is the safety of our visitors and employees.
- People who have purchased tickets with time slots for dates the museum is closed, will automatically get a refund. They will receive a message from us as soon as possible.
GUIDED TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
- Group tours and group activities will not take place for the time being
- Would you like to book a group tour or activity for a future date? Please contact the reservations department via reservations[@]vanabbemuseum.nl.
- In compliance with government measures, Karel 1 museum café is currently closed to the public.
- In compliance with government measures, the museum shop is currently closed to the public.
- You can order publications, gifts and design items 24/7 in our online webshop.
- During opening hours, the museum is accessible for wheelchair users, blind and partially sighted people, deaf and hard of hearing people and people with a service dog, provided that it is on a leash. Guides of people with disabilities get free access to the museum.