PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES SURROUNDING THE CORONAVIRUS
Below you’ll find an overview of al the precautionary measures for your museum visit. Make sure to read them carefully before your visit.
- Are you experiencing any symptoms? Make sure to stay at home. These symptoms include: a cold, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough, high temperature or a fever (above 38 degrees Celsius) and/or tightness of the chest.
- We recommend booking a ticket with time slot in advance. You can book a ticket via our website. Once inside there is no limit to the length of your stay.
- Always follow the directions of museum employees.
- The entrance of the museum has been moved to Stratumsedijk 2.
- For a visit to the exhibitions a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck) is not needed.
- For some activities and events you need a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck). If this is the case, it is mentioned on the programme page of the event on this website.
- More information about the COVID certificate and how to get it, can be found on the website of the Dutch Government.
- A disinfectant for your hands is available in various places in the museum.
- There is a small wardrobe (free lockers), but we ask you to use it as little as possible. Feel free to bring coats and small bags (smaller than A3 paper size) into the museum. Don't take suitcases or foldable bikes to the museum, there is no storage available.
- The museum will be thoroughly cleaned during the day. Extra attention is paid to door handles, banisters, buttons and toilets.
- Popup tours will not take place for the time being.
- TIP: Download the Smartify App in advance. In this app, you will find 5 free tours to guide you through the collection exhibition.
- Contact the reservations department at email@example.com to book events and guided tours.
- School trips can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For group visits and tours, a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck) is needed for people age 13 and up.
- For a visit to the museumshop you don't need a museumticket.
- Karel 1 museum café is open.
- You can reserve a table on site or in advance on the basis of availability.
- Inside the museum café a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck) is needed.
- On the museum café terrace a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck) is not needed.
- For the museum library you need a reservation and a COVID certificate (CoronaCheck)
- The museum remains accessible to visitors with disabilities. You can find more information here.