There are a number of house rules at the Van Abbemuseum:
• Access to the Library, Museum Café and Museum Shop is free of charge. A valid admission ticket is required to visit the exhibitions, available for purchase at the ticket desk near the main entrance. The admission ticket includes a sticker, which you should make visible on your clothing for the security personnel/museum guards
• Works of art are fragile. To prevent any damage we request that you leave your coat, bag, rucksack and/or umbrella in the cloakroom. The cloakroom is unattended. The management cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or theft of personal belongings. There are free lockers available for the storage of your personal effects.
• Touching artworks, unless stated otherwise, is forbidden. We ask parents or adult supervisors of young children to be especially alert. Running around in the museum is forbidden.
• Please refrain from making loud phone calls.
• Smoking is permitted only on the Museum Café’s terrace.
• Taking photographs in the museum is allowed, providing you do not use a flash or a tripod. Professional photographers should make an appointment in advance of their visit, by sending an e-mail to:pressoffice[at]vanabbemuseum. Special rules apply for wedding photos, for which you should always contact us by e-mail in advance: reserveringen[at]vanabbemuseum.
• The instructions of the museum personnel should be respected at all times, as they have your safety, and that of the museum’s in mind.
• Consumption of food and drink you have brought yourself is not permitted within the museum.
• During your visit you can use the open wireless network (WIFI), bound by a Fair Use Policy and completely at your own risk. The Van Abbemuseum is not responsible for any claims derived from the activities of the users.
We wish you an inspiring and enjoyable visit!
House rules Library
• All publications are available but can not be borrowed. There is an opportunity to copy and / or scan pages, with the exception of sensitive and / or valuable works.
Copies: black A4 € 0.10 per pc, A3 € 0.20 p. st. / Color A4 € 0.25 p. st,. A3 € 0.50 p. st.
Scanning: € 1.50 per session.
• You can book works by phone or by mail:
T: +31 (0) 40 238 10 49 or + 31 (0) 40 238 10 28;
E: rterborg[at]vanabbemuseum.nl or w.smit[at]vanabbemuseum.nl
• There are laptop connections. Wifi is available.
• It is not allowed to: eat or drink in the reading room, coats and bags in the reading room (there are lockers at the entrance), using a mobile phone.